Grossdeutschland Panzergrenadier Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grossdeutschland Panzergrenadier Division

We've moved, visit us at www.GD-Div.info

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The WW2 movies thread

Go down 
+5
|GD|Richtoffen
|GD|Heinrich
|GD|Schmidt
|GD|Kessler
|GD|Heimdal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
|GD|Kessler
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
|GD|Kessler

Viestien lukumäärä : 560

The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Thxs for the movie info Heim, I am always looking for good WW2 flicks to check out. Anyone watching the Pacific? its the new mini series by Speilberg who also did Band of Brothers. Its based on the attack into Japan and so far its really good
Back to top Go down
https://gd-div.aforumfree.com
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

Viestien lukumäärä : 316

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 pm

i've looked everywhere so i could watch the pasific. but so far no luck. i'm dying to see that series =( in finland it only comes from a sattelite channel or something like that, of course i dont have that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

Viestien lukumäärä : 160

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Richtie; http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=The+pacific

Kessler:
I have watched both episodes that has been sent so far. Me and my friends sits in a ecstasy og joy. The first episode was a bit too action focused in my opinion, but the second episde was close to perfect. The ending was almost moving. I'm dying to see the next episode.
Back to top Go down
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 am

thx Heimdal =)
Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
|GD|Kessler

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:31 am

Just watched this movie tonight, its Norwegian and done really well

https://youtu.be/WbK4WTQFf9U
Back to top Go down
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 am

wow looked really cool, i will definitely watch that movie kick ass
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 am

Oh.. strange that I didn't think of recomending it. Yeah, it's very good.

There is also another movie about the norwegian resitance during ww2, "The Heroes of Telemark". Not so good imo, and it feels strange that it's an American produtction. OK movie if you are interessted in the subject tho.
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 am

Sorry for a double post (Haven't found out how I can edit my posts)

There is also a very good danish movie about the danish resistance, just as good as Max Manus if I remember correctly. Flammen & Citronen
Back to top Go down
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

yeah Flammen & Citronen came on TV few days back here in finland. awesome movie actually.
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Looking forward til I get Ballad Of A Soldier and Westfront 1918.

If you want to watch REAL good war movies, you have to look outside the american mainstream production, sad but true. Watched the classic "All Quiet on the Western Front", even tho I loved what their message was, I think it was too "hollywood", even tho it is from 1930, It didn't feel autenthic enough.

You guys are probably tired of me now Razz
Back to top Go down
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:00 pm

no i actually agree with you on that one heimdal. american war movies are too "hollywood" like you just said. action, drama, horror and thrillers are ok with the little "hollywood" in them but war movies need to be sad and realistic. not so much like "thiz guy killz every germanzzzz" i've loved finnish war movies so far cause of the realism in them, but i just cant say how much i hate every other type of finnish production Very Happy
Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
|GD|Kessler

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Im not A FAN OH BLACK AND WHITE WW2 MOVIES

Flammen & Citronen like u suggested is one Ive been wanting to watch
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm

|GD|Kessler wrote:
Im not A FAN OH BLACK AND WHITE WW2 MOVIES
I guess you are not a fan of B\W movies in general then? If so, you need to ignore it. I really don't understand why most people are "afraid" of watching movies without color. People tend to connect B\W movies with old midocre films, or at least so it seems. After watching 10 min of a B\W you won't think about it, or even notice it.
Back to top Go down
|GD|Heimdal
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
|GD|Heimdal

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Watched two old russian war movies:Ballada o Soldate and Sudba cheloveka.

Ballad of A Soldier was more a love story sat in the war, rather than a war movie. Too be honest, I didn't like it, love storys don't intrests me in general. But it's seen as a classic russian war movie, so at least I have seen it.

Over to Fate of a Man; I was a bit sceptic because of Ballad of a Soldier, and i expected something similiar, but this movie caught me by suprice! It was the story of a russian soldier and his fight (both physicaly and psycholgic) to survive the war. It wasn't boring one second. The movie has some really great and touching scenes, BUT you can't deny that it has some propaganda elements too it, but if you can look trough that, it's a realistic movie about the suffering and pain the war causes. It is a anti-war movie. Highly recomended 8.5\10.

I hope to find more intresting russian\east european war movies in the future.

I'm currently waiting for this movie pack from amazon:
The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 51Ighf4jY5L._SS500_
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrzej-Wajda-War-Trilogy-DVD/dp/B00166MB72/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1282919651&sr=1-1

I need to stop ordering movies when I have shitloads to watch, need to get trough 40 movies or so, and not to mention some Tv-series.

-Heimdal out officer salute
Back to top Go down
|GD|Richtoffen
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
|GD|Richtoffen

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Sorry to bumb an old thread, but i want to share this awesome movie i watched few days ago. Its called Brest fortress. It's a Russian film made in 2010. I've never really liked Russian movies but this one totally blew me away. To be honest, i havent seen a film this good for a long long time.
It's about the battle of brest fortess where a russian garrison held the fortress for 9 days against the German attackers.

Sorry i couldnt find a trailer with english subtitles

i actually just now found out that u can also watch it from youtube with english subtitles (and no it is not some amateur film although its in youtube Razz)

here is the link if you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11Pzsd9yJw
Back to top Go down
Karl-Strauss

Karl-Strauss

Viestien lukumäärä : 5
Ikä : 30

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

Cross of Iron- German soldiers on the Eastern Front= A+

Valkyrie-don't see, Tom cruise can't act his way out of a box, and two actors look very similar so i kept confusing the two people, which made it difficult to follow the movie. D+

Back to top Go down
|GD|Kessler
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
Leutnant/Kompanie Fuhrer
|GD|Kessler

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Looks good Rich, Im dlding it now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WW2 movies thread   The WW2 movies thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The WW2 movies thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2